Friday, March 25, 2011

Wheel Shopping

The quoted price for the Tornado 16" spoked wheels is $120/each + $9 shipping. The dual wall Typhoon ones are $150/each. Ouch. Since these replace the fronts, I need two of each. $249 vs. $309. The single walls should be fine especially for this size - hopefully. I'm going with that. I'll also be assured that these will fit vs. modding the Catrike ones to work with the Tornado frame. Headache will be gone at the cost of $249. Ugh. That's pricey for a set of tricycle wheels. 4 of my car's rims cost less than that and they come with tires!

Looks like I don't have much of a choice if I'm going to hit the roads for the ALC. If I decide to swap out the Schwalbe Big Apples up front, it'll be at an additional cost of roughly $75. Ouch! $325 just to get replacement wheels? Plus the $250 I already spent on the rear wheel, that's at total of $575. I suppose it's still cheaper than the Catrike Speed or Expedition, but still seems like a lot for modding a trike.

I chose this hobby, so I can't complain. I'll just keep convincing myself that this is all for exercise and is beneficial to my health. The value of that?

Priceless.....or $1,350+.

0 comments:

Post a Comment