Friday, March 4, 2011

Frankinstein

The trike will be going through a makeover. The seller from the forum, Bentrideronline has gotten back to me and we've scheduled a date to have the components installed that will give me a better gear range - a much better gear range.

It will include the SRAM dual drive giving me extra gears in the rear to combine with the replacement 7-sp cassette. Not only that, but I'll also be getting the ability to have three chain rings up front for a combined 63 speeds! Wow, that's nuts.

The fun doesn't stop there. The black KMX mags will be replaced by traditional spoked wheels all around. The fronts are from a Catrike. Hopefully we can make this compatible.

The trike won't look nearly as cool, but I'm still up for it if it makes me more capable of completing the Aids Life Cycle. The ride is scaring me a bit as we get closer to the date.



0 comments:

Post a Comment