Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Who goes there?

ACCESSORY 16: Mirror $19 @ Amazon

I got two packages today! Thanks Angela for picking them up from the USPS for me! Two boxes under a single package slip! Ever heard of that before? Awkward, but I'm not complaining. Now let's see what's inside!

This is the Blackburn Multi Mirror. I knew I wanted an ovular one. The circle ones just look too out dated. This one's solid enough to not vibrate out of place and plugs directly into the handlebar ends. When installed properly, this thing holds very well. It's almost like it's part of the handlebar. Since the mirror mounts to the same place as the red LED lights, I unfortunately can't have both at the same time. I removed the left side LED light and stored it away. I have a couple ideas on how to remount them which we'll see later.

In the first minute I used this, I could recognize that it was the most useful accessory yet. I now take use of the full lane when riding in the residential neighborhoods until I spot a car coming from afar.

Before the mirror, I used to be really worried about cars coming up on my left. Now I can relax the ride is much much much more enjoyable. It's definitely required on the left side and w/such a big improvement in comfort, I'm considering buying another one for the right side. The only thing stopping me is that the installation would mean I would not be able to use the LED handlebar lights on the right side either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment