Sunday, March 21, 2010

Glow in the dark

ACCESSORY 13: LED Underbody kit $6 @ Ebay

I haven't been this excited since Neons on my Rav4. These waterproof bendable LED strips were $1.79 or so on Ebay. The black squares are holders for the 9v battery. It's prewired and conveniently has an on and off switch. I bought this on Ebay about 2 weeks ago! Boy shipping from HK is slooooow. I've been eager since I pressed the okay button on my Paypal account. Since then, I've researched like a mad man to see if these 12v LED strips could be powered by 9v's of power. Most resources indicated no. But there were a few that supported that it could work. For $6, I gave it a shot.

I wasn't this lucky the first time. I think either something's wrong with the battery, battery holder or my connection b/c the first time I hooked it up, it didn't work at all. I was thinking my trip to Radio Shack would have to wait to tomorrow for me to by some resistors. I was a bit upset that the seller claimed the LED strips already had resisters. Desperate for it to work, I tried again and behold the light! It works! Tada! Downstairs to the garage to put these things on!

1 comment:

  1. Quite an experience you've had while working with this lighting kit. It's a good thing you made it work.

    Underbody Glow Kits

    ReplyDelete