Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm on Page 8

...of Adam Rice's blog. Thoughts so far? Well, I need to remind myself that this isn't an ALC ride. There won't be designated rest stops every 15-20 miles and there sure as hell won't be a bunch of people cheering me on to continue. This'll be a sad and lonely ride. Do I really want to do this? Yes, I think it'll be good for me. Although I can compete, I was never much of an athlete and school wasn't my forte. This ride will be more of a self accomplishment than anything else.

The ride will definitely be more mental than physical. I can feel that already. Being alone for 2 months straight? Riding in deserts? Eating alone? What will all that be like? And anyone who I see along the way riding a bike or trike embarking on the same mission won't be Chinese. I'll tell you that much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment