Thursday, April 21, 2011

Return of the rear brake

The only way I can get my rear brake back w/o sacrificing my internal gear hub is to swap the IGH for a Sturmey Archer which allows both the cassette and disk brake.

Lately I've been trying to figure out a Sturmey Archer shifter could be incorporated into my current setup. Both handlebars are already occupied with twist shifters. Perhaps the left handlebar can have two shifters! The existing twist shifter can hopefully coexist with one of these.

This one would be convenient to use b/c it uses the index and thumb to engage. I'd have to drop my whole setup down along the handlebar and put this at the top.

This one looks like it can integrate seamlessly in place of my current Torpedo shifter. Of course I love the red indicator.



Now that I've committed to not buy the Catrike Speed and instead stick with my current KMX, I'm considering more extensive mods for the Tornado.

0 comments:

Post a Comment