Friday, April 30, 2010

The Toolmanator

ACCESSORY 26: Bike tool $16 @ Bikewagon.com

I first saw the Blackburn brand at Sports Authority. They had some pretty cool stuff. They always take pride in their designs and everything's typically packaged very nicely. This new bike tool is no exception. You've might've already guessed what those red snowboard shaped things are. They're tire removing tools! It's very good quality hard solid plastic - unlike the ones I got from ebay which are hollow.

The drawback of this tool is that it's fairly bulky. It's more cube shaped and rectangular like most other ones on the market. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but two grey portions separate to expose 16 different tools - 17 total including the tire levers.

It really is called the Toolmanator. Kind of corny, but a fun name. It looks too good to not display. By now, you've figured out my main reason for getting this. It's red! It also looks a lot better than the other ones I considered. For size, the Topeak Mini 18 would've been better but it doesn't have the tire removing tools which is my main reason for getting a tool. I figure with those and a couple allen wrenches, I"ll be all set.

0 comments:

Post a Comment