Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Storage Design Works!

I don't have any doubts. This setup should work out perfectly. Functionally, it'll work. It's just a matter of whether or not I like it. Being that the bottom of the Dynapack is already all scraped up from the failure of the last setup which dragged it along the road, I'll have to keep that. I may as well figure a way to mount it and this is what I came up with.

I was so confident that the side-storage solution word work and when it didn't, it was a big disappointment. Rather than doing a test ride with the new configuration, I wanted to toughen up the bracket some more before taking it to the streets.

Solution?

Another Profile Designs computer mount. This time I'm using the short 35mm one to keep the longer 60mm one from angling clockwise from the overwhelming weight of the rear Topeak Dynapack. (By the way, that red reflector thingy was a freebie from Tom. He sells them on BROL if you're looking for a set. He offers them by the singles so order as many as you want!

The mount is basically a shim. It fills a gap to prevent any movement of the vertical bracket. I can adjust how long it is by screwing it looser or tighter. For additional adjustments, I can simply lift the entire bracket up and down the shaft of the existing longer bracket.

And this is the outcome! Because of the design of the Profile Designs mount, I can fine tune the angle of the pack to the millimeter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment