Sunday, May 15, 2011

Schwalbe City Jet's

These tires were mounted last week, but I didn't get a chance to post pics until today. This is Mike's workshop. We knew the conference room table could be put to better use! I picked these up from him in Sunnyvale.

It was a gift from him for my Aids Life Cycle ride. These ended up being a bit beefer than we imagined, but they turn incredibly well - much better than the Schwalbe Big Apples.

They're gigantic though. Looks like an SUV trike, doesn't it? It's a very unique tire in that the curvature is not consistent throughout the depth of the tire. Though the tire appears large, very little surface area actually touches the ground.

I can imagine with the angle of these tires, they can do pretty well on two wheels. I've since swapped to Marathon Racers, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment