Thursday, May 12, 2011

Flat already?

I haven't even ridden the trike yet with the new tires and I already got a flat! Excited as can be, I came back downstairs after the installation just to stare at the newly mounted tires only to find that one was flat! Completely flat!

One side of the front tires won't inflate! Upon inspection the same night since I was too excited to sleep w/o resolving it first, I found two holes! Not a pinch flat I don't think, but there's definitely holes. I wasted two patches trying to fix it only to install a new tube. $8 gone just like that. These tubes aren't uber expensive, but they're not locally purchased. Local bike shops don't carry anything but 26", 650mm and 700mm tubes. They'd laugh if I requested a baby 305mm or 406mm tube.

I got on the phone yesterday first thing in the morning and ordered a few more. So in total, I'll have 3 regular spares of each tube size and one of each thornproof version. This should keep me in good shape for 7 days. I'm told it's overkill, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. After my experience with the ALC, I'll have a much better idea of what I need to bring on long rides. Until then, I'm staying paranoid.

That's the expensive of riding a weirdo recumbent trike I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment