Monday, May 2, 2011

Carbon Road Bike under $2,000.00

For some reason I always thought the carbon versions of the high end upright DF (diamond frame) road bikes were at least 2k if not more than $2,500. After walking into Performance Bicycle during my lunch break today, I overheard the salesman Ron talk about one for $1,399 (MSRP is $2,099).! Wow! After I paid for my backup tube repair kits, I walked over with him to check it out.

It's a 2011 Diamond Back Podium 5. Brings back memories. My very first bike was a BMX made by the same company. I think it was $250 at the time.






So what does this all mean? Well, it definitely puts the $2,630 price tag of the Catrike Speed in perspective! Before tax, I could get two carbon road bikes for the price of a single higher end tadpoll recumbent trike. That's making the Catrike looks really expensive (as if I didn't already know).

0 comments:

Post a Comment