Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Crank me up

After my 5 day hiatus, I started triking. Towards the end of my 10 mile ride on a slight decline, I found the the trike getting way smooth in 4th gear or 44.4 GI's. Trying to confirm that nothing was wrong with my drive train, I took notice of my chain ring and it was intact. No slippage.

I've used the White Lightening chain lube for some time, so I didn't think it had anything to do with that. Continuing my search I still couldn't figure it out so I hopped off the trike at a red light to be sure the chain was on the correct cog in gear 3 when I came to a stop - it was!

I'm finally convinced the shorter 155mm crank arms really have contributed to my increased ease of the stroke. I'm finding the difference/improvement more obvious as I continue to trike.

0 comments:

Post a Comment