Monday, July 26, 2010

Chainlink gone

I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. On my last ride with Mike covering 50 miles, my chain come off the chain ring at least 8x. It wasn't more than a mere inconvenience, but I can't help but to worry if it were to happen in a bad place. At one point, it had come off while I was in the middle of an intersection crossing from sidewalk to sidewalk. I'm just lucky that cars weren't coming my way.

It was time to remove a chain link to make the overall chain tighter against the drivetrain.

Removing the link was fairly easy. Very easy actually. The tool I used worked perfectly and the link came right out! I'll test it out next weekend on rougher roads. The usual weekday roads I take are fairly smooth and don't typically cause my chain to fall off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment