Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wide Angle Lens

It's irritating that I find myself constantly either retaking footage or deleting it altogether b/c I couldn't catch everything I intended to in the frame; which is why it got my attention when I found this:

I've always wanted a fish eye lens and found that they make 'em for flip cams and cell phones! Yup, it's attached by a magnet. Super tiny and it arrived in the mail just a few days ago. $16 shipped from China I presume.


It works well! Loving it actually. I made a couple videos already. The thing comes with two metal rings (one is a spare) and it sticks onto your existing camera.


The lens itself is magnetic and just snaps right on when you need it.
Purchased from Deal Extreme. Indeed the deals are extreme but so is the wait time. It took 3 weeks to arrive!

This is me blogging on the kitchen table. Decent shot, but you can't really see much of the context.



With the camera held in the exact same place with the new lens, you get this shot! Wow, what a difference eh? You can easily see the entire table and back wall.

If I lowered the camera and shot straight, I could have captured the ceiling! I can't wait to see what this does for trike footage. I'll update the review after a trial run to see how many times the lens falls off the camera while riding - hopefully I won't have to report any of that. Wish me luck!

UPDATE: 10/2/11
I lost the fisheye lens!!! I went on a ride yesterday and apparently the magnet isn't as strong as I was hoping it was. I'll purchase another, but this time no action shots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment