Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sunday Streets SF


This was the first time I took the trike for a spin since I completed the Aids Life Cycle. It was also my first time trying out the Schwalbe Marathon Racer on the back drive wheel. I originally had the regular much heavier Marathon. Since the tire did so well on the ride and didn't rupture once, I figured I could take the risk of a weaker Racer tire to gain some extra speed and agility.

It was well worth it b/c the tire does do wonders. I don't know if it's the tread or the slight decrease in weight, but riding the trike with the Racer tire is much easier than with the Marathon. It performed decently in the bit of sand I encountered this past Sunday as well.

It looks like I'll be keeping the Racer on there for awhile.

I don't know if I wish I used this on the Aids Ride earlier or not. Perhaps if I did, I may have experienced a flat since it's weaker. I may never know. I guess I should be glad I made the decisions on the trike setup that I did in prep for the ALC. No regrets - really, no regrets. The setup was perfect.

I still have my eye on a Catrike Speed, but that probably wouldn't be a financially smart idea. It would still need a lot of work to make it perform to the level of my custom created KMX Tornado F72.

0 comments:

Post a Comment